Clear all

Is this a legit strat?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@tiki16)
Topic starter  

Hi
There is an ad on craigslist for an AS strat. The serial doesn't look right but I am not a strat expert. Here is a pic of the headstock. Do they put serials on the back? I thought it was 5 or 6 numbers?

thanks

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hi
There is an ad on craigslist for an AS strat. The serial doesn't look right but I am not a strat expert. Here is a pic of the headstock. Do they put serials on the back? I thought it was 5 or 6 numbers?

thanks

This link gives you the format and dating info for Fender serial numbers . . .

http://www.fender.com/support/usa_instruments.php

You can also email the serial to Fender and they can give you the manufacturing history - date it was made, specs, etc.

That one looks like it could be part of a limited run.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@dubyatf)
Trusted Member

I'm no Fender expert (but own a couple). It looks like a (real) Fender Highway One Stratocaster given the 70's style headstock and the asking price. The sticker appears to be stuck over some of the serial number.

As moonrider wrote - call or email Fender with the whole serial number to verify. Good Luck.

ReplyQuote
(@roundi)
Estimable Member

I have a hwy 1 strat and it came with a gigbag that looks just like the one in the pic (from what is visible). I believe the serical number is on the back of the headstock too but I am at work and can't check right now. I paid $750 for my strat brand new about 6 months ago. Prices have since gone up.

ReplyQuote