Clear all

Complete noob here

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@intergalactic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, I'm really interested in learning to play the guitar but don't know where to start. I've never played an instrument before but I really want to learn. I don't know wich guitar to buy or if buying a guitar now is the right thing to do. I want to play metal and don't really like anything else :wink: any suggestions?

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to the asylum for the musically insane.

If you want to play metal, start off with an electric. Then switch your amp over to the clean setting for a while as you learn some basics. You can add distortion later.

Check out this page when you get your guitar and gear and are ready to start:

Absolute Beginner

Have fun!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@intergalactic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Would this be a good way to start ? http://www.zzounds.com/item--BCRHGMMP

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Personaly I never thought B.C Riches had very good sound. An al arround good guitar, especially the deep tone of metal will be given with an epiphone or gibson. Though pricier, worth the look. I am not you so you can make the desicion, just remember a guitar is better than no guitar.

bstguitarist
Welcome to the forums
:lol:

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
 Pup
(@pup)
Estimable Member

Hey there, Metal is my gig too. always go play around with a guitar and find ones thats comfortable in your hands before you purchase.

Also, if you want to play metal you have got to get yourself a good distortion pedal. the one you want is Digatech metal master distortion pedal. i just recently got one and let me tell you, the best metal pedal i have ever stepped on, EVER[/]

I also recently bought a 30 watt marshall amp for around 250, it has 4 speacial effects built in.

what i would suggest that you do is buy as you can, you can always upgrade later, but try to get the best for your money at the same time.

1.) If thats the guitar you want and like then cool. hintdon't buy just for it's looks. I own 4 guitars and none of them are the brands my favorite players play but i can still jam their songs and sound just like them.

2.) you want a decant amp, you don't need no huge one right now, you can get good 10 or 15 watt marshall amps for under 200 dollars

3.) make sure you get two good cables.

4.) get yourself that digatech.

5.) get a eletronic tuner

6.) last but not least, sign up for lessons, take them for at least a year, you won't regret it and you'll be 3x's further a year from now if you do.

Ok, good luck my friend. feel free to pm me if you have ny questions. I'll do my best to help you out.

m/ METAL YEAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA m/

ReplyQuote
(@intergalactic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys.

ReplyQuote
(@marshall)
Trusted Member

hey doesn't "Dimebag" Darrel of Damageplan, also ex guitar player from Pantera, Doesn't he play a BC Rich??

All you know about me is what I've sold you. I sold out long before you ever heard my name.
I sold my soul to make a record, Dip sh#t, And you bought one. ~Maynard James Keenan~

ReplyQuote
(@intergalactic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I've been looking at guitar packages because they seem like a cheaper way to go for a first guitar since I'm only 16 and have no money :evil: but I can't decide witch one I like can anyone suggest one?

ReplyQuote