camp fire acoustic songs.

15 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi

Does anyone know any easy "fun" camp fire songs, i'm off camping in a few months with my taekwondo club any they know i play guitar, it'd be so much fun if i were to get my acoustic out and play a few songs that we can all sing along to after we'd had a bbq and drinks.

Thanks 8)

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

(@unimogbert)
Estimable Member

Hi

Does anyone know any easy "fun" camp fire songs, i'm off camping in a few months with my taekwondo club any they know i play guitar, it'd be so much fun if i were to get my acoustic out and play a few songs that we can all sing along to after we'd had a bbq and drinks.

Thanks 8)

Margaritaville.

Gilligan's Island (you have to be old enough to understand)

Hotel California?

Unimogbert
(indeterminate, er, intermediate fingerstyle acoustic)

ReplyQuote
(@mahal)
Estimable Member

You know your friends and community better then we do. In this day and age of 500 TV channels, individual I-Pods playing through headphones and music education all but gone from public schools there realy are not anymore universal folk songs except Christmas Carols.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Someone posted this link to answer a similar question a good while back. http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/~aparsons/guitar/guitar2.html

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Someone posted this link to answer a similar question a good while back. http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/~aparsons/guitar/guitar2.html
rparker, that is absolutly fantastic, many thanks :D

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Great link rparker. Me and my son will have to work on some of those to get ready for Bonnaroo.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I wish I could remember who posted the link so that I can give credit where due.

Anyhow, I think the person doing this page is keeping it rather active. I'm pretty sure the transposing capabilities is new, and that there are more songs than before. But, I could be wrong. Hats off to the site creator anyhow. Let's hope the music industry doesn't bully him into shutting down.

Mark, or Mt TheChuck, what songs did you choose to do?

Mahal, the campfire song thing still exists, but it's the songs themselves that changed. I doubt many do the going-to-summer-camp classics that allowed people to submit to their inner-dork anymore. Probably things like knockin' on heaven's door, lucky man, country roads, etc. If the crowd insists, maybe some metal ballads like...... heck I dunno. Patience? Dead Or Alive? Why Does It Burn When I Pee? (just made that one up....need to go hit the songwriter's forum now) :lol:

For me, though, the Pink Floyd thing does it. Sounds nice coming out my acoustic.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

rparker, gone for country roads to start, it sounds lovley on my new acoustic, there are a lot i haven't heard of on there before but it'll be fun learning them. many thanks. :D Mark.

ReplyQuote
(@jase36)
Reputable Member

There certainly some choice there in rparkers post.

My friend who normally only performs his own songs did a few covers one night and the ones everyone joined in on where "there she goes" by the Laas "don't look back in anger" by Oasis and " sit down " by James, all played on a single acoustic. All fairly easy, If the B chord troubles you then stick a capo on the second fret and play James with D,G and A.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jase67electric

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

I love playing in front of the campfire with family and friends and some beers. Here is our list of songs from last year's camp trip:

· Brown Eyed Girl
· Friend of the Devil
· Sweet Caroline
· Knocking on Heaven's Door
· Sweet Home Alabama
· I'm a Believer
· The Wild Rover
· Blister in the Sun
· What I Got
· Rivers of Babylon
· Margaritaville
· Get Drunk
· Don't Pass Me By
· I've Just Seen a Face
· Rocky Raccoon
· Don't Let Me Down
· My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mamma

Fun stuff!!!!

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Any song you play around a camp fire shall be a camp fire song. :wink:

Still to be specific, my suggestions are:

American Pie
Norwegian Wood
Thank God I'm a country boy
Here comes the sun
Doo-Daah (Oh Susannah)

And any song which involves full hand strumming.

ReplyQuote
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

rparker, that is absolutly fantastic, many thanks :D

Amen!

BTW I had a chance to do the campfire thing this spring - more of a wood stove thing in a mountain hut - and fortunately the group also had a much more talented and experienced guitarist than myself :wink:
... and the #1 thing he had done was printed out the lyrics to his favorite songs and assembled half a dozen booklets in advance to get people to sing along.
Another awesome tip he gave was that whether you print out the lyrics or not (and especially if you don't) WAY more people will sing along if you are singing the song too :wink:

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Nothing Ever happens by Del Amitri is, strangely, one of my favourites.

Anything Dylan...

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Signs, Signs....(Tesla did a cover of this tune)

I just learned it and it is SOOOO much fun to play. Played it at the Memorial Day BBQ at my friend's the other day and we all had a blast. Here's a few more I did:

- Hotel California
- Rocket Man- Elton John (everyone knows the words to this one)
- I used to love her but I had to kill her - Guns N Roses ( I LOVE PLAYING THIS ONE...i'm divorced)
- Sweet Home Alabama

Blues in any key...make up your own lyrics.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@oldnewbie)
Eminent Member

Paradise by John Prine
Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

http://EricDees.com
http://Soundclick.com/ericdees

ReplyQuote