Skip to content
Beginners Vids - AT...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Beginners Vids - ATTENTION ALL BEGINNERS!!

13 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
30.4 K Views
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

ATTENTION BEGINNERS:

In case you've not spent a lot of time looking through the various pages on the Guitar Noise Forums, I want to direct your attention to the "Beginners' Videos" thread over on the "Hear Here" page. This incredible topic is full of absolute beginners giving us a tour of their journey through learning the guitar. You'll get a lot of support and encouragement from everyone here at Guitar Noise, but this is as good as it gets when it comes to the praise of your peers.

Here's the link:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=35807

Now go and make some music! :wink:

Peace

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Now go and make some music!

As a great man once said, I second that emotion!

I've seen people go from absolute raw novices - taking time over chord changes, making mistakes - to seasoned campaigners. I've seen them visibly gain in confidence - I've seen them take on barre chords - I've seen them sing and play at the same time. Some of them are about ready to move out of the beginner's video thread and start on intermediate songs.

To all of them, I'd say - your struggles are an invaluable aid to other beginners. "Hey, if he/she can do it, I CAN DO IT!"

I've followed this thread almost from the start - I've shared every triumph, and every time someone's made a mistake, I've thought, "yes, I used to be like that." Not saying I don't make mistakes any more - oh, hell, do I make a LOT of mistakes till I've got a song down after many, many hours of practise...!

But this thread is a testament to the benefits of practise, practise and more practise - and determination - and the will to get better.

So, don't be shy - the easiest way to find out any flaws in your technique is to film yourself, and let other - more experienced guitarists - point out where, if anywhere, you're going wrong. No-one is going to laugh at you - what you'll get is helpful advice and honest constructive criticism.

If you don't get your feet wet, you'll never learn to swim!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

Thanks, David & Vic! You've set me up for the rest of day and night: 56 pages plus all the vids!

Cheers and thanks for the heads-up as I had forgotten about that thread. :)

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote
(@gdhudspeth)

I think it'd be nice if that "thread" could be made into a forum so that there'd be 56 different topics instead of so many messages to weed through. Just a thought... :D

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Yep 56 pages of amateurish videotaped guitar playin' with a sprinkle of light humor and well meaning encouragement.
I'm glad I have a sense of humor . . . because my guitar playin' is a joke. :mrgreen:

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@aragorn)
Trusted Member

ReplyQuote
(@inths)
Eminent Member

you brought up an interesting point there Aragorn.

ReplyQuote
(@aragorn)
Trusted Member

It's a Zen meditation. I'm nearing a completely enlightened state.

Either that or I posted in the wrong thread and couldn't figure out how to delete it.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hmmm . . .

a point that has no point . . .

That is indeed Zen-like . . . umh Zennish? . . . Zenful?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@gilbertog)

My learning process would be so much easier if I knew something like this existed couple of years ago :shock:

"What we call 'mastery' can be defined as that mysterious process through which what is at first difficult or even impossible becomes easy and pleasurable through diligent, patient, long-term practice.” ― George Leonard

ReplyQuote
(@beginner)

Hey, guys! I've been playing guitar for 10 days! Check out my result, any tips or critics?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgfDXKLhAco

ReplyQuote
(@gravytunes)

Hey, Thanks for the beginner's videos. They are very useful. I am learning a lot of guitar playing every day as I am going through it. Keep up the good work.

ReplyQuote
(@jclat)

Same, found these very helpful, thanks.

ReplyQuote