Clear all

All Right Now ... not so much

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sansmerci)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

My teacher's given me a new thing to work on, the piece is 'All Right Now' by Free. I watched and listened and thought I knew what I was doing when it came time to get out my guitar and practice at home. I'm quite confused now and things are far from 'All Right Now' :lol:

Thus far I haven't gotten past the intro - I can do the A chord by using my first finger flat across three strings, that's fine even though I've not done it before but there's the chord-box thing he drew on to show me. A couple of different rests, all ok, then a chord which he's annotated as being D/F# (again with a chord box) some more rests and then another chord which I think is D11 ... maybe. I wish I knew how to insert a bit of TAB here to show you all but it's something like (from the top down):

x304xx

Can anyone show me the chord box for how to play it ... or have some suggestion as I feel like I'm just staring at the sheet and getting nowhere near the nice sequence of fingers on and off the strings that he displayed and I thought I understood.

(@alangreen)

ok. Taking this from my Registry of Guitar Tutors Rock Guitar Grade 3 material.

Bar 1: The A chord - yes, use your index finger to hold down the 2nd, 3rd and 4th strings like this: 002220 - these chord diagrams always go from the 6th string on the left o the 1st string on the right, we don't turn them round for left-handers.

In the 3rd beat you play the open 5th string.

In the 4th beat you drop your middle finger on the 3rd fret of the 2nd string and your ring finger on the 4th fret of the 4th string but leave your index finger in place: xx4230.

Bar 2: the 1st beat is the A chord you started with - 002220. Beat 4& is the open 5th string again.

Bar 3: drop your middle finger on the 3rd fret of the 2nd string and your ring finger on the 4th fret of the 4th string and remove the index finger: xx403x for beats 1 and 2 and then drop your index finger back in place for beats 3 and 4 - xx423x

Bar 4: Lift up the middle and ring fingers, leaving the index finger in place - 002220

If this doesn't make sense, Skype me: rollmopmusic

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@sansmerci)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I'll give it a shot with what you said - cheers Alan :D

ReplyQuote