Skip to content
Is there a cheap wa...

Notifications
Clear all

Is there a cheap way to play bass through your computer?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@s1120)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

My nephew is leaning the bass, but at this time does not have a amp. I had a old cheapy guitar amp that I tossed together for him, but it has sence broke. Is there a simple and cheap way to play a bass through your computer, game system, or souround sound system?? ive seen some that work for guitar, but wondering what the best way for bass is, till he can swing for a decent amp.

Paul B

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I use a Korg Pandora 4. Although I use headphones, the tiny speakers in the laptops are not able to manage the low tones.

I bought the Pandora because I did read reviews and watched some videos. I am not sure if similar gear works also for basses. A friend discouraged me from the small Pods and from unplug directly to the sound card or hi-fi system.

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member

I use the AmpliTube iRig with my iPod/iPad.

It allows you to load songs into it and then change the tempo as well as loop parts to work on particular sections of the tune.

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
-- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

I use Garage Band on my iMac

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for all the ideas guys... Hes been kinda on hold with the bass thing for a bit now. [working on getting his car running] but im still searching for somehting so when he gets back to it.

Paul B

ReplyQuote