Clear all

Got a new amp - GK MB210

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Got tired of hauling a 80lb cabinet around to gigs and with some of the light combos out now, I had to have one. I'd been shopping for a while when GC sent me a $100 off coupon, so I jumped on it.

This is a Gallien Krueger MB210. 350 watts as is, 500 watts if I plug in an extension cab. 33 pounds :shock: This thing moves some serious air. Great GK tone and I can pick it up with 2 fingers. Eventually, I want to get either the matching MBE210 or MB410 extension cab.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8KSYmP8E3KJo0tRB-u94Mw?feat=directlink

Bass player for Undercover

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Very nice!
I was going to get one of the MB heads when they first came out ... but they didn't come out! Lots of production delays. Ended up with a used Genz Benz, which I love, but GK is awesome too. (Oh, I have a GK 112 Neo cab. :) )

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Cool amp Jeff. Enjoy! :D

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Had band practice this afternoon and tried out my new amp out for the first time. This thing rocks! I had the gain between 11:00 and 1:00 (one song I like a little more drive) and the master on 10:00 and had no trouble keeping up with drummer and guitarist. Our guitarist loved the tone and when he picked the amp up, he said "I hate you." :D

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Had band practice this afternoon and tried out my new amp out for the first time. This thing rocks! I had the gain between 11:00 and 1:00 (one song I like a little more drive) and the master on 10:00 and had no trouble keeping up with drummer and guitarist. Our guitarist loved the tone and when he picked the amp up, he said "I hate you." :D

I don't hate you. I am happy that you're happy, and that the amp is doing the job, easier for you, and everything that goes with it. Nice going, and an affirmation or validation of your choice, and a good deal too! Congrats and enjoy! :wink:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote