Clear all

[Sticky] David Hodge Idiot's Bass book: Everything concerning IGPB

22 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
28.1 K Views
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member

Having just acquired a bass, I have ordered the book! Looking forward to getting it!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

If you are thinking of buying the book in Amazon, remember to use the link in the main site, they (David or Paul or the site) get some advantages.

ReplyQuote
(@rm00k)

Wow, not much going on with posts for this topic! Just bought the book and like it so far, but I've run into an issue with example 5.8 (p.48) not matching whats played on the cd. Last 2 bars in the book should be |DDDBBB|DDF| not |FFFDDD|FFA|. Am I correct on this?

ReplyQuote
(@rm00k)

I posted something here yesterday but I don't see it yet. What does the icon with this in it (!*) mean?

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi rm00k. The first posts have to be approved by a moderator. That explains that you don't see your posts immediately.

I don't have the book with me right now but I don't remember a similar problem. There were some errata that I wrote down. I'll try to find the document for checking your issue.

ReplyQuote
(@rm00k)

Thanks for the reply. I have another issue. P.57 the chords for "My Bonnie..." have the second measure as F. Shouldn't that be a G since the base staff has that as the first note? I'm not looking for faults in the book but as a newbie I just want to make sure I'm understanding this stuff correctly. Or maybe this is a test to see if I'm paying attention? :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

In this case, it's the notation on Page 56 that's wrong. The second measure, in the bass clef, should be an F followed by two F major chord inversions. Sorry about that.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the mistakes! Since it's been over six years now since the book first came out, hopefully the publishers will be thinking about making an updated new edition and I can get rid of the current mistakes. And hopefully not create too many new ones!

Thanks, by the way, for getting the book. And please don't stop asking questions. You can either post here or email me directly at [email protected].

Peace

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2