Notifications
Clear all

Bass Player Blues

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@twostepboss)
Topic starter  

As a bass player (As much as I love it), I sometimes feel members of my band think I'm just another 'bass guitar player' and can be easily replaced. Do other bass players here go through the same sometimes. For some reason, a lot of people, especially the mainstream crowd thinks that bass players are just disposable. Do you guys ever feel that way (Bass players)?

(@alangreen)

Any idiot can play roots & 5ths; a good bassist is very hard to find.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@twostepboss)
Topic starter  

Thank u sir :)

ReplyQuote
(@gotdablues)
Estimable Member

On the other hand....

"Hi, I'd like to try out for your band, I play Guitar"
"You play Guitar? Well so does a million other people, what makes you special?"
"Uhh...well, I got a Bass"
"You got a Bass? Well c'mon over Man!"

ReplyQuote
(@arizona)

As a bass player (As much as I love it), I sometimes feel members of my band think I'm just another 'bass guitar player' and can be easily replaced. Do other bass players here go through the same sometimes. For some reason, a lot of people, especially the mainstream crowd thinks that bass players are just disposable. Do you guys ever feel that way (Bass players)?

Don't worry mate. Those fools don't know what it takes to be a top-class Bass Guitar Player

ReplyQuote
(@amzounslide95)

I was in a country band for the better part of a year.There were two of what you've just described.Bass and lead.We worked like crazy. Made decent money too.

ReplyQuote